My studio has always been a warm, inviting, creative space for artistic minds. I love seeing it filled with humans of all ages experimenting, creating, and laughing together. As the pandemic continues to leave us uncertain about what restrictions we'll encounter this summer, there are so many good reasons for kids to participate in the studio classes and camps:
1. The creative energy of the group encourages experimentation and joy.
2. New friendships can emerge.
3. I can give instant feedback and help with problem solving.
4. My studio is overflowing with supplies so when kids get an offbeat idea, I can go scrounging for what they need to manifest it!
5. I create an environment that considers the senses...artistic inspiration on the walls, music to facilitate concentration and energy, and a wide variety of art supplies to touch, use, smell, and enjoy. Kids seem to like that the studio is in the bright, pretty basement of my home so they get to see where I live, meet Ginger the kid-loving cat, and make themselves comfortable.
6. We spend bits of time outdoors in my woodsy yard burning energy on the rope swing, zip line, and ninja course, and allowing the beauty of nature to renew us.